20 Ways To Change Your Life This Summer
Summer! Thank you, yet again, for waltzing into our lives just when we needed you most.
It’s about time we slooowed the heck down and gave ourselves a bit of TLC. While you might be tempted to party away your summer, there’s a handful of things you could do to Change. Your. Life.
Yep, you could welcome 2017 as a whole new person—the version of yourself you’ve always wanted to be but haven’t found the time to make it happen.
Whether you’re looking to reinvent yo’self or to make a few changes for the better, here are 20 ways to change your life this summer. Go get ‘em.
1. Air out your house. Open those windows and let the musky scent of winter be whisked away.
2. Say “hasta la vista, baby” to social media. Unplug for a week or two and your life will change forever: fact.
3. Lock in a sweet internship. Uni is nothing like the real world and summer work experience is one of the best decisions you’ll make for your future career.
4. Clear out your shit. That tatty jumper, that dress with holes in it. Yeah, you don’t need those.
5. Same goes for people. If they’re ruining your mojo, give them the flick.
6. Explore! Make the most of this beautiful country we call home and go experience it.
7. Hiking will help you achieve the above.
8. Hiking will also help you get fit, fill your lungs with fresh air and get a sunkissed glow (wear sunblock, kids). Hurrah!
9. Do something you’ve never done before. Like bungy jumping or making homemade ice block cocktails.
10. Upskill like a boss. Learn the guitar or join a roller derby crew. BYO shin pads.
11. Read a damn book! If you STILL haven’t read one since 2003, you’re doing something wrong.
12. Avoid the whole summer = sleep ‘til noon thing. Over sleeping will make you feel like shite.
13. Do some volunteer work, get involved with a charity or just remember to be kind. It’s not all about you, you know.
14. Finally allow yourself to feel. Work/uni/life pressures probably forced to you keep all emotions locked up inside. Summer is a great time to let them free.
15. Say no to stuff. Just because you’re on holiday doesn’t mean you have to fill it doing stuff you don’t want to do with people you don’t really like.
16. As a result, you’ll have more time to spend with the ones you love. Winning!
17. But say yes to stuff, too! Like the below.
18. Change your hair. Chop it off, go blonde or embrace the rainbow hair trend.
19. Eat as many real fruit ice creams as humanely possible. It’s good for the soul (not so much the body).
20. Do absolutely nothing. Some of you are going to be so zonked (damn you, burnout!), it’s probably best that you lay low and recharge for a while.
Image Credit: Daniel Hine for Metropolist